The Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for strategizing and executing the creation and distribution of a variety of content, including press releases, white papers, eBooks, blogs, webinars, site copy, multimedia presentations, video scripts, and more. S/he will focus their passion on creating a unique brand voice and helping us tell compelling stories, with organizational goals and target markets, in mind.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong analytical mindset and experience in branding and social networking. S/he will be a strong researcher and highly proficient writer—able to mine for content, uncover insights and translate concepts into compelling narratives for key target audiences, executing in multiple channels. S/he will work closely with the Director of Marketing, identifying opportunities for collaboration with internal Subject Matter Experts and strategic partners.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Conduct Research to enhance IDI’s communications offering; Includes identifying gaps in our current content and assistance with development of Audience Personas and Customer Journey Mapping
- Leverage research findings to pitch ideas to the Director of Marketing, assisting in the creation of content goals and strategies that align with business direction and priority initiatives
- Work with subject matter experts in Product, Account Management, IT, Business Development, and Sales to find, create and optimize stories into relevant thought leadership assets
- Own asset production—from brief and SME interviews to outlines and creative treatments, to final asset delivery—across a variety of formats (whitepapers, webpages, eBooks, blogs, video scripts, solution overviews, and more) that drive audience engagement, SEO relevance, and brand excellence throughout the customer journey
- Drive website content development strategy; Audit existing content and provide recommendations that align with customer personas and journeys; Maintain fresh and relevant curated content experiences and develop new ones (multimedia)
- Create and manage editorial calendar for content planning and production, performing content audits to identify content gaps, improve existing assets, retire outdated/underperforming assets, and ideate areas for content experimentation
- Build organic social media strategies and content calendars to reach desired target audiences that meet goals and objectives established by Marketing Director
- Collect or develop imagery to be included in social posts (including use of Canva or similar tools); Write and edit; Manage and maintain experiences across multiple platforms
- Measure, track, and analyze results based on multiple KPIs, to provide recommendations for maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of content, to drive greatest performance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is an idea generator; A high-level thinker with a penchant for keeping track of details
- Works to fully understand target audiences – adept in persona development and customer journey mapping
- Is Creative – knows how to be a storyteller – using the voice of the brand to connect and empathize with target audiences
- Has strong design sensibility; Able to envision how content should be presented or distributed in multiple formats (text-based, video, infographics, multimedia pres., etc.)
- Possesses strong SEO skills and a firm understanding of User Experience
- Has strong Copywriting & Editing skills
- Is focused on quality – often the last line of defense before content ends up in front of the user
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Marketing or related field and 7-10 years’ experience in content marketing role
- 3+ years WordPress experience desired
- Experience with social media creation, planning, scheduling tools (i.e., Canva, Hootsuite)
- Experienced in SEO best practices (on- and off- page) and familiarity working on SEO platforms, HTML, CSS
- Strong writing samples required, demonstrating ability to capture a brand voice
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven track-record of attention-to-detail
- Demonstrated excellent research and analytical thinking skills
- Telecom experience strongly preferred
WHY CHOOSE IDI?
When it comes right down to it, you should know that we’re a close-knit, tenacious team of dedicated professionals. Ultimately, we believe that what makes a great company really boils down to two simple factors—how good its people are and how well they are cared for. That’s why we work hard to foster an environment of trust, collaboration, and inclusion, with a strong focus on work-life balance. We strive every day to maintain our employee-centric culture.
Position is open for local candidates, hybrid office environment based out of our Victor, NY location.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time.
Interested candidates submit a resume and salary requirements to: resumes@ idibilling.com