WHO WE ARE
Ever wonder what happens when a start-up grows up? You get IDI Billing Solutions. What began as a small team with a notion to bring billing and management capabilities to growing telecom companies 26 years ago, has since grown into a 150-employee (and counting) company now known as a premier provider of innovative, cloud-based billing, automation and workflow solutions.
Simply put, we make our customers’ lives easier. We understand how important it is to have the flexibility to accommodate changes in technology and customer demands. From the basics for every SaaS customer—integration capabilities, web services, integrated G/L and subscriber portal functionality—to a suite of web applications, such as order placement, customer support, ticketing, communications, an integrated point of sale and inventory management—we’re on the cutting edge in the telecom space, and our product is always evolving.
From Communications Service Providers, to Broadband, Wireless, and beyond—we work tirelessly to deliver a range of B2B solutions.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A Product Owner at IDI is a team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment. As a member of an Agile development team, the Product Owner is responsible for team backlog management. The interaction of the Product Owner with the rest of the team is a significant and highly focused effort. The Product Owner has substantial relationships and responsibilities outside the team, including working with Product Management to prepare for the appropriate planning meetings and working with Release Management in coordinating dependencies and delivery of functionality.
- Responsible for building, pruning, and maintaining the team backlog. Works with key stakeholders to ensure workable backlog items exist and are assigned correct priority based upon monthly release schedule goals.
- Reviews and reprioritizes the backlog as part of the preparatory work for iteration planning.
- Schedules and facilitates regular team planning and design meetings.
- Accepts primary responsibility for the User Story elaboration process including facilitating discussions, ensuring acceptance criteria reflect Feature and Feature Story requirements and ensuring the desired user experience is implemented.
- Actively participates in agile team activities during an iteration by attending daily stand-ups, participating in demos and retrospectives, and clarifying user stories.
- Understands the scope of the upcoming work and assists with decision-making and sequencing of key fixes and functionality to the business.
- Coordinates content dependencies with other Product Owners and Release Management.
- Communicates team commitments and progress regularly.
- Measures team velocity and forecasts how much backlog can be completed by a specified date.
- Works with the team, other Product Owners, and Managers to define process improvements and features that can improve the velocity of development.
- Produces solution description documents and obtains stakeholder feedback and/or approval where needed.
- Generates other knowledge transfer materials for internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Demos completed work for internal stakeholders.
YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and/or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- 2-4 years of requirements development, elaboration or design experience with SaaS and/or web-based applications.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Individual must be able to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, manage competing demands and have the ability to work in a demanding and fast paced work environment.
- Leader and a team player with the ability to foster good working relationships with customers, employees and partners in both group and individual settings.
- Candidate must be able to identify and resolve problems, gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions when necessary.
- Must be skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Limited travel may be required. Position is open for remote work within the states listed below or hybrid option based out of our Victor, NY location.
Remote work is available only in the following states: AZ, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, NC, NJ, NY, PA, SD, TX, UT, VA, WA.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time.
WHY CHOOSE IDI?
When it comes right down to it, you should know that we’re a close-knit, tenacious team of dedicated professionals. Ultimately, we believe that what makes a great company really boils down to two simple factors—how good its people are and how well they are cared for. That’s why we work hard to foster an environment of trust, collaboration, and inclusion, with a strong focus on work-life balance. We strive every day to maintain our employee-centric culture.
Interested candidates submit a resume and salary requirements to: