WHO WE ARE
Ever wonder what happens when a start-up grows up? You get IDI Billing Solutions. What began as a small team with a notion to bring billing and management capabilities to growing telecom companies 26 years ago, has since grown into a 150-employee (and counting) company now known as a premier provider of innovative, cloud-based billing, automation and workflow solutions.
Simply put, we make our customers’ lives easier. We understand how important it is to have the flexibility to accommodate changes in technology and customer demands. From the basics for every SaaS customer—integration capabilities, web services, integrated G/L and subscriber portal functionality—to a suite of web applications, such as order placement, customer support, ticketing, communications, an integrated point of sale and inventory management—we’re on the cutting edge in the telecom space, and our product is always evolving.
From Communications Service Providers, to Broadband, Wireless, and beyond—we work tirelessly to deliver a range of B2B solutions.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
IDI is looking for a Software Engineering Manager who will lead and inspire a team of talented engineers in an agile environment focused on developing our core platform. You will be responsible for growing, developing, and advancing this team and ensuring the development and delivery of high-quality software solutions. With teamwork as one of IDI’s core values, you will be working closely with other development managers and stakeholders to ensure alignment, clear and consistent communication and overall betterment of your team, the product and the business.
- 6+ years of Software Development experience
- Previous experience leading or managing software development teams
- Knows how to inspire and lead teams
- Experience leading successful software projects
- Excellent communication with developers and other technical staff, as well as peers and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technology stack
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and continuous delivery
- A passion to learn and embrace new challenges
- The ability to work collaboratively with our existing agile team members
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field of study.
SO, WHAT WOULD YOU REALLY DO?
- Accountable for the delivery of high-quality software solutions by the teams they lead
- Responsible for resource management of the team
- Work with stakeholders to ensure alignment of strategy and execution of department initiatives.
- Coach team on Agile practices and mindsets.
- Responsible for ensuring processes are well documented, communicated and metrics put in place to measure effectiveness.
- Help manage risks and dependencies of assigned projects.
- Escalate and track impediments to projects, processes, and initiatives
- Collaborates with Product Owners and other stakeholders to address critical resource bottlenecks and gather feedback on proposed adjustments.
- Encourage collaboration between agile team members, Solution Leads, and Solution Architects.
- Provide additional support and oversight for any projects resourced by another development team, ensuring knowledge transfer occurs and transition plans are in place and executed properly.
- Improve the flow of value through their group by improving and assessing applicable development practices.
- Supervisory duties including performance management, recruiting, onboarding, and employee career development.
- Generate and report on applicable metrics related to oversight and improvement of their development team
- Track escaping defects and overall quality of the software being produced.
- Create and cultivate a strong team culture that corresponds with IDI’s core values.
- Collaborate with other managers and stakeholders to create Product Engineering-wide processes and improvements.
Position is open for remote work within the states listed below or hybrid option based out of our Victor, NY location.
Remote work is available only in the following states: AZ, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, NC, NJ, NY, PA, SD, TX, UT, VA, WA.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time.
WHY CHOOSE IDI?
When it comes right down to it, you should know that we’re a close-knit, tenacious team of dedicated professionals. Ultimately, we believe that what makes a great company really boils down to two simple factors—how good its people are and how well they are cared for. That’s why we work hard to foster an environment of trust, collaboration, and inclusion, with a strong focus on work-life balance. We strive every day to maintain our employee-centric culture.
Interested candidates submit a resume and salary requirements to: