The Assistant Controller supports the VP, Finance in the overall duties of accounting, financial analysis, reporting and internal controls while completing many administrative, organization analysis tasks to monitors the financial health of IDI. Again, this is a very hands-on position that plays a large role in overseeing accounts payables, receivables, payroll and statutory requirements. The Controller is expected to understand and enforce policies and procedures. In this role you will support the design and implementation of systems and processes while managing risks to maintain the company’s financial integrity and long-term health. Additional responsibilities include customer and vendor records maintenance and assistance in the administration of the company’s 401K plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for implementing, facilitating and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Supervises month end close activities, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Collaborates with other Finance team members in Revenue/AR/Billing activities, GL maintenance and AP management process.
- Ensures critical business duties are fulfilled and cross-trained within the Finance department.
- Oversees and assists with certain accounting responsibilities including evaluation of technical accounting implications of contract terms before, during and after contract negotiations.
- Oversees expense budgets and actuals reporting. Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares analysis by establishing schedules; collecting and consolidating financial and operational data for analysis.
- Ensures company compliance with tax regulations and accounting standards.
- Responsible for sales tax returns reviews and payments.
- Coordinates the annual 401K Plan audit and financial review activities performed by the Company’s external auditors. Insures audits are completed and statutory reports and tax obligations are met. Assists in managing the accuracy and timely filling of various States requirements.
- Assists the VP, Finance in the administration of 401K Plan and all regulatory reports including IRS 5500, as well as Flex Spending Account program.
- Responsible for filling of certain periodic statutory reports and maintenance of various States registrations.
- Responsible for electronic storage of all vendor and customer contracts.
- Understands and maintains integrity of databases. Data integrity is the maintenance of, and the assurance of, data accuracy and consistency over its entire data cycle (design, implementation, and usage of any system that stores, processes, or retrieves data).
- Undertakes special projects and supports company initiatives, as needed.
- Works with all levels of Management.
- Upholds company mission, vision and values and is a positive role model for employees.
- Upholds company policies and procedures.
- Performs additional related responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting and/or Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Proven history of demonstrating a solid understanding of financial accounting (U.S. GAAP), excellent analytical skills, strong knowledge of controls / processes, excellent judgment and financial acumen.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, MS Access and SharePoint skills.
- Project management and system implementation experience preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with, manage and prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability work under pressure of deadlines.
- Must be creative and an enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to details is required.
- High level of confidentiality and ethical standards required.
- A financial/criminal background check may be required.
Office Environment. (In-office and remote setting). EOE.