The Customer Software Support Specialist is a product expert in the multi-faceted operation of the software, providing guidance/assistance to customers with a vast array of concerns including software installation, product functionality, problem-solving and day-to-day operations. Software Support Specialist must possess the ability to articulate complicated technical problems and solutions effectively when communicating with the company’s customer via email and telephone.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer support and being constantly approachable to our customers and business partners.
- Assistance is sought primarily through our telephone and email.
- Maintain a productive attitude in the workplace, presenting challenges in a positive light and offering practical approaches to overcoming difficult challenges while treating all individuals with respect.
- Research problems and customer inquiries.
- Resolve issues/problems in a timely manner.
- Input and maintain case details and e-mails into the case tracking system.
- Install and configure CostGuard software onto SaaS servers.
- Install CostGuard service packs, patches, updates and required third-party updates.
- Interact/communicate with internal IDI departments.
- Continue to learn and research new technology.
- Available to customers and teammates with regular, punctual, and reliable attendance. Shifts are scheduled within 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Participate in on-call and install rotations requiring 24×7 availability.
- Uphold company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional related responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Previous telecommunications experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle challenging situations with composure, professionalism and courtesy.
- Must have computer knowledge and related technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- SQL experience is strongly preferred.
Office environment. Use of telephone and computer frequently. Must be available 24X7 on an on-call basis and installation rotations. Will be required to cover evening rotations as scheduled. Occasional travel may be required, (less than 5%).
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.