The purpose of this position is to successfully lead and manage cross-functional IT and Security projects for IDI. The role is also expected to effectively perform resource management and project portfolio management of IDI IT & Security projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and schedule IT and Security project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Implement a project communication plan.
- Perform risk assessment, and implement mitigation plans.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and are in line with business objectives.
- Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management
- Create and manage project budget and resources to ensure project meets budgeted financial objectivesActively interface with stakeholders to define and document requirements relative to the business requirements, deployment and implementation of solution.
- Establish a strong, working relationship with stakeholder and manage stakeholder’s expectations.
- Establish effective communication with executive management and other stakeholders regarding the status of current project(s).
- Establish and lead external and internal project meetings, including establishment of meeting agenda, generation of status reports, meeting minutes and presentations as necessary to ensure communication is fluid.
- Facilitate project post mortem review and share lessons with team members.
- Collaborate with IDI PMO to align with PM standards and processes as applicable.
- Mentor co-workers and new employees on principles and best practices associated with project management and implementations.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Uphold company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional related responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field and/or 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- 4-6 years of IT/Security Project Management experience is required.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Must have experience in one of the following: PMI, Six Sigma Methodology, or a primary role in managing multiple or large complex projects.
- Extensive experience in business process reengineering, process design and implementation, process mapping and workflow technology solutions.
- Individual must be able to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, manage competing demands and have the ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced work environment.
- Leader and a team player with the ability to foster good working relationships both internally and with client teams.
- Candidate must be able to identify and resolve problems, gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions when necessary.
- Must be skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent communications skills both, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
- Possess general understanding in the areas of IT infrastructure & security.
Office environment. Travel (15%) may be required. EOE.