The Network Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day support and operation of IDI Billing Solutions’ global network and computing environment. maintaining a complex network architecture for a high-performance WAN, LAN and converged network infrastructure.
IDI Billing Solutions’ priority is to attract, retain, and promote talented individuals. Therefore, we encourage talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create/maintain/improve network support documentation and processes
- Recommend and perform upgrades on systems to ensure uptime
- Contribute to planning, testing and responding to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery events
- Ensure the infrastructure is properly monitored within set thresholds and that alerts regarding network outages are addressed in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and repair network-related problems, system failures, switching/routing, etc.
- Identify/diagnose network configuration and/or performance irregularities. Develop procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner
- Provide timely issue resolutions by evaluating, tracking, escalating, managing of all requests/problems reported
- Perform network and security infrastructure performance tuning and optimization.
- Participate in the On-call process.
- Uphold company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional related responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field and/or 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- 2-3 years of IT administration and support experience preferred
- Experience with Cisco switching and routing including configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Some programming/scripting experience (for example; PowerShell, Python)
- Fast learner who works well in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented with solid skills in technical documentation
- Certifications in Network technologies preferred (CCNA, CNA, Network+)
- A positive background check may be required.
Office environment. Must be able to unpack, move and install computer equipment. May require lifting up to 25 lbs. Must be available to cover on-call schedule. Occasional travel to the FLDC in Brunswick, ME along with the Frontier Cyber Center in Rochester, NY is required.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.