A Product Owner at IDI is a team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment. As a member of an Agile development team, the Product Owner is responsible for team backlog management. The interaction of the Product Owner with the rest of the team is a significant and highly focused effort. The Product Owner has substantial relationships and responsibilities outside the team, including working with Product Management to prepare for the appropriate planning meetings and working with Release Management in coordinating dependencies and delivery of functionality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for building, pruning, and maintaining team backlog. Works with key stakeholders to ensure workable backlog items exist and are assigned correct priority based upon monthly release schedule goals.
- Reviews and reprioritizes the backlog as part of the preparatory work for iteration planning.
- Schedules and facilitates regular team planning and design meetings.
- Accepts primary responsibility for the User Story elaboration process including facilitating discussions, ensuring acceptance criteria reflect Feature and Feature Story requirements and ensuring the desired user experience is implemented.
- Actively participates in agile team activities during an iteration by attending daily stand-ups, participating in demos and retrospectives, and clarifying user stories.
- Understands the scope of the upcoming work and assists with decision-making and sequencing of key fixes and functionality to the business.
- Coordinates content dependencies with other Product Owners and Release Management.
- Communicates team commitments and progress regularly.
- Measures team velocity and forecasts how much backlog can be completed by a specified date.
- Works with the team, other Product Owners and Managers to define process improvements and features that can improve the velocity of development.
- Produces solution description documents and obtains stakeholder feedback and/or approval where needed.
- Generates other knowledge transfer materials for internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Demos completed work for internal stakeholders.
- Upholds company policies and procedures.
- Performs additional related responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and/or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- 2-4 years of requirements development, elaboration or design experience with SaaS and/or web-based applications.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Individual must be able to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, manage competing
demands and have the ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced work environment.
- Leader and a team player with the ability to foster good working relationships with customers, employees and partners in both group and individual settings.
- Candidate must be able to identify and resolve problems, gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions when necessary.
- Must be skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Office environment. Limited travel may be required.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org