A Software Engineer at IDI is a team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment creating full-stack software solutions. IDI Software Engineers develop innovative solutions for an enterprise product offering. Solutions can range from developing new feature sets, integrating to 3rd party systems, or building internal tools to support the business. IDI Software Engineers use various technologies and frameworks that may include: Microsoft ASP.NET, AngularJS, SOAP & RESTful Web Services, Microsoft Azure Cloud Services, SQL Server or NoSQL datastores, and C# backend services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to write modern, testable, and maintainable code.
- Collaborate closely with other team members and become a valued member of a development team.
- Develop software solutions that will be secure, reliable, and scalable.
- Contribute to the project planning efforts around these tasks including estimation and maintenance of project tasks.
- Participate in collaborative design discussions as part of translating requirements into working functionality.
- Provide timely status on project work and keep tasks up-to-date with regard to completed and hours remaining.
- Provide mentoring in areas of expertise.
- Support and maintain existing software solutions created by an agile team including possible on-call rotation.
- Assist the team to create easily deployed and high-quality software applications.
- Uphold company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional related responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and/or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Understanding basic Agile software development practices is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and can use critical thinking for problem isolation.
- Must have the ability to communicate solutions/issues in written and oral form in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with Microsoft platforms and development tools including .NET is preferred.
- Experience with database design and development of relational and no-sql database systems is preferred.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.