The Software Test Engineer is responsible for testing IDI’s Applications and Web API’s. This is an experienced software testing role that will own domain expertise across applications and technology infrastructures which utilize Microsoft MVC, AngularJS, SOAP & RESTful Web Services, Microsoft Azure Cloud Services and various other technologies.
As a member of an Agile development team, the role is expected to contribute technical expertise in test design and execution, using sound software testing methodology, and leveraging custom test automation frameworks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and test functional and non-functional business requirements, application design and specifications.
- Design and execute Web & Windows GUI and Web API test cases.
- Create and maintain automated regression tests using custom test frameworks with web drivers such as Selenium and Microsoft CodedUI.
- Monitor scheduled test runs and manage results.
- Perform exploratory testing on applications and associated systems.
- Contribute to the project planning efforts around these tasks including estimation and maintenance of project tasks.
- Build and maintain expert domain knowledge of IDI’s business, applications and technical infrastructure.
- Involvement in project test and data strategies.
- Provide input into risk and risk mitigation.
- Prepare/maintain test environments, including data setup.
- Author succinct, neutral and appropriate bugs that can be represented in a triage setting.
- Participate in the triage and resolution of escalated production support requests.
- Participate as part of an Agile development team.
- Collaborate closely with others and become a valued team member.
- Provide technical expertise and solutions to test design and execution.
- Possible opportunity to participate in development tasks as team needs dictate.
- Provide timely status on project work and contribute to “lessons learned” activities.
- Uphold company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional related responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and/or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Requires 2-4 years of software testing or related experience, training or skills, including experience testing or developing SOAP and/or RESTful web services.
- Requires experience with Microsoft development tools and .NET Framework.
- Requires experience with C# or other similar programming or scripting languages.
- Requires experience with relational databases – specifically Microsoft SQL Server and transact SQL.
- Prior experience with Selenium, Microsoft CodedUI and/or similar test automation tools or frameworks, and concepts such as Action Based Testing or Keyword-driven Testing is required.
- Prior experience in an Agile software development environment is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to use critical thinking for problem isolation.
- Must have the ability to communicate issues in written and oral form in a clear and concise manner.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.