The role of the Technical Project Manager Consultant will be to work in partnership with customers to plan, lead and execute the implementation and migration activities to support our customer’s Point of Sale (POS), Billing (BSS) and Back Office Operations (OSS) using the CostGuard application. The Technical Project Manager Consultant will be a key resource that guides discovery and definition of the scope of the customer project. The Technical Project Manager Consultant will collaborate with internal and customer subject matter experts to evaluate solution options and provide recommendations that satisfy the customer’s business requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead proposal efforts including completing project scoping and level of effort assessments.
- Build a knowledge base of each customer’s business, organization and their objectives.
- Accountable for the success of a project defined by achieving milestones and deliverables associated with the project plan and scope
- Adherence to IDI’s project management methodology and project compliance requirements including; use of standard project planning tools, project reporting and project plans
- Establish and lead customer and internal project meetings, including creation and distribution of meeting agendas, status reports, meeting minutes and presentations to ensure communication is fluid between customer and internal teams.
- Use of strict project change control process to identify, manage and document changes to project scope.
- Establish a strong, working relationship with customer and manage customer’s expectations
- Effectively and tactfully communicate difficult/sensitive information to project and leadership teams.
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member’s contribution as well as mitigate team conflict and communication problems.
- Act as customer advocate while balancing the interests of IDI.
- Create and manage project budget and resources to ensure the project meets budgeted financial objectives and work performed adds value for the customer and IDI.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Complete timely and accurate invoicing for responsible projects.
- Uphold company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional related responsibilities as requested.
- 4+ years of experience working in wireless or wireline in telecom with knowledge of order processing, service activation, billing and customer care is required
- Experience leading applications/system implementations
- 4+ years of Project Management experience required.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Individual must be able to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, manage competing demands and have the ability to work in a demanding work environment
- Exceptional leadership skills, professionalism, and a team player with the ability to foster good working relationships with customers and project team resources and subject matter experts
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and presenting) at all levels, from staff members to senior management level.
- Highly skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Highly driven person who consistently performs well above company or industry norms required.
- Strong negotiation skills, conflict management, and influencing skills at different levels of management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
- Microsoft office skills required – Project or comparable tool – intermediate, Excel – intermediate, PowerPoint – Intermediate.
- Ability to work overtime and on weekends when needed.
- Previous software development project management experience is a plus.
Your Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field and/or 4-6 years of relevant experience.
Office environment. Travel (15%) may be required.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.